Friday 1 July 2011

RIP Tamo Kosgey of Kass FM Radio

Last night, I dreamt about a friend who died on Wednesday evening this week.

His name is Philip Rotich Kosgei, known to his colleagues at Kass FM radio as Tamo - short for Tamoron'giot. Tamo collapsed and died just next to his home in eastlands, Nairobi hours after presenting his drive evening programme on Kass.

Post-mortem has been done on his body. Results should be out by the end of today.

Tamo used to suffer from epilepsy. The last time he had a seizure was about four years ago, at around the same time he joined Kass FM as a comedian and later co-presenter of a main family show on Tuesday and Thursday.

I think he died after a seizure... fell into a small ditch, and no-one saw him, until hours after he had died. This is the saddest part that has remained in my mind.

I knew Tamo so well. I even worked with him at some point in his career in politics and radio comedy.

My heart goes out to his wife Margaret and children. May God rest his sould in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Postmortem results have since shown that indeed Tamo died after suffocating for minutes.

    He fell on his face and the airway got blocked… and died minutes later.

    I attended his funeral in Nandi-Chemilil on Friday last week, with thousands of villagers and friends.

    Once again, RIP my friend.

    ReplyDelete